Thursday, March 17, 2011

Advice Illustrated: The other side

1)
Dear Prudie,

I'm an attractive young woman who had no lack of suitors. I fell in love and married a guy whose intellect I greatly admired, even though I found him physically unattractive, and pretty lousy in bed. I'm now wondering if I haven't made a mistake, as he treats me like a child and refuses to engage in any serious discussions. All he likes to talk about are the silly TV shows I put on in the evening to relax after a hard day's work. Should I get out of this marriage before it goes on too long?

Signed,
He's awfully dim for such a bright guy

V)
Dear Prudence,

I was seeing this guy for a while, and we just slept together for the first time, which is when I discovered he is uncircumsized. I find this gross: is it too soon to ask him to have himself cut?

Signed,
If God wanted men to have foreskins, he wouldn't have made circumcision a sign of his everlasting covenant

2)
Dear Prudence,

We recently decided to kill two birds with one stone by helping out this unemployed fellow we met. We hired him to tutor our kids, with the goal of getting them through their rote homework faster so they would have time for their arts, hobbies, sport, and more useful activities. He's now bitching because he thinks the kids should do these pages and pages of busywork on their own, which makes me wonder what he thinks I'm paying HIM for. I hate to leave him with no income, but should I feel any scruples about letting him go?

Signed,
Piper payer

3)
Dear Prudence,

I was recently called in by some staff at a company who were interested in unionizing. Many of their colleagues are opposed to unions, because they are convinced that their firm is one big happy family and that if they unionize, they will hurt their company. What can I do to show these employees that unless they join together, they will continue to be called on to provide free labor and duties worthy of domestic servants to those who are making fortunes off their work?

Signed,
Wondering in Wisconsin

4)
Dear Prudie,

Because I'm getting old and a bit forgetful, my family is convinced I have Alzheimer's. I've decided that if they are convinced I'm losing it, I might as well enjoy myself. For example, at a recent party I made sure my son-in-law's sister was alone to see me with the bowl of fruit salad while I pretended to pick out the strawberries, lick them, and put them back in the bowl. My question, Prudie, is: next time, should I just pretend, or should I actually lick the suckers?

Signed,
Sane but silly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love them all.

Lily said...

You actually had me laughing out loud. Awesome!