Thursday, May 19, 2011

Advice Illustrated: They tire me this week


Letter 1 is from some crazy and I just don't get it at all. Prudie is also confused, but ends up giving good enough advice (the best advice would have been: go away you nutjob!).

Video letter is from a pediatrician who wonders if he should intervene when he's off duty and sees parents giving their kids food they could choke on. Prudie says to intervene gently. I say, yeah.

Letter 2 is from a woman who is being stalked by the young guy at the reception desk of her gym. Should she ignore the behavior? Prudie says to report him and get him fired. I say: Is he hot?

Letter 3 is a good one. It's from a 12yo whose mother confirmed that yes, she was an accident, and moreover, she had planned to abort LW. LW isn't overly upset by this. Is that a normal reaction? Prudie says it was a really bad idea for mom to speak of the abortion, but no, LW is not nuts for not freaking out about this. I say, yeah. I would have added: I'm sure most parents think about getting rid of their kids once in a while.

Letter 4 is from a woman who can't get to the point, which is: she's her mother's caregiver, and her mother wants to leave the house they live in to her. The problem is her sister is likely to freak out. Prudie says she shouldn't feel bad about getting the house, and perhaps her sister will realize she's earned it. I say, yeah.

No comments: